Index Funds and 401(k) Accounts
- I assume the return is ~5%
- There are
4 types of retirement accounts, each with tradeoffs (en.wikipedia.org)
- 401(k), Roth 401(k), Traditional IRA and Roth IRA
- The return of lazy portfolios (set and forget) is ~6% (compounded) over 15 years as of 2018 (finpage.blog)
Notes from /r/investing’s FAQ (reddit.com)
- The FAQ emphasizes reading books
- This article’s reading list (altruistfa.com) looks pretty bomb though. Good place for investing trivia.
- Have 6 months of minimum expenses in an emergency fund (wisebread.com) .
- Penny stocks are usually scam manipulations (reddit.com) .
- A recurring note of question: do you know better than the market?